On the blog today, i present you a very cute and original way to present your veggies and proteins saute.
Recently, i made a very cute Bento and i took a selfie with it. I shared that photo on my socials networks.
Mmmhh… it looked like that :
Annnddd…. some of my friends told me i should not eat that bowl… (duh !)
…. and it gave me an idea ! If… the bowl was edible?
I decided to make a bowl made of sushi rice ! You want to know how ? Let me explain.
A bowl made of rice
- Cook the sushi rice ( mine is from AKI SUSHI )
- Let it cool down a little bit (If you don’t want to get burned)
- When the rice is cooling down, take a plastic bowl ( Mine is: boîte Bentô Hana iro round ) and put a Saran wrap in the bowl and make it fit perfectly.
- Put salt in your rice ( The salt will help the rice sticking together ) .
- With your wet hand, put the rice in the bowl, form the rice like the bowl .
- Put the bowl in the fridge while cooking the main dish.
Main dish ( General Tao Chicken with a vegetables stir fry )
I used :
- Arctic Garden vegetables for Thai style stir fry
- Wong Wing General Tao Chicken
- AKI SUSHI Sesame seeds
Make it happen !
- Get out the rice bowl from the fridge, get it out of the plastic bowl and put it on a wooden plate.
- Put the veggies in the rice bowl
- Put the chicken in the rice bowl
- Decorate the bowl with seaweeds
That’s it ! Don’t forget to add this blog post on Pinterest ! 🙂
Bon appétit !
PSSST… you prefer watching VIDEOS ?
Subscribe to our mailing list for the LIVE and ONLINE WORKSHOPS schedule !